Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Even More Trader Principle Progress

(Originally posted at Rational Jenn)

As a follow up to last week's post, I just overheard the following exchange:

Morgan: "But, remember? I shared my modeling clay with you! Don't you think I can try?" (I have no idea what it is of his that she wants to try.)

Ryan: "Well, yeah you shared your clay with me, but this is different."

Morgan: "Why?"

Ryan, stumped:  . . .

I hated to intervene, but they seemed to be at an impasse, and because I know that sometimes he triumphs in disagreements out of perseverance, and because I thought Morgan had an excellent point, I said, not turning around from my desk:

"So it sounds like Morgan wants to borrow something and she is reminding Ryan of a time when she shared modeling clay with him." (all in the third person)

Morgan: "Yes. Ryan I am reminding you of when I shared my modeling clay." (somewhat copying the words I offered her)

Ryan: "Well that's a good point. Let me think it over."


Okay, so he didn't agree (yet?), but he conceded the point and at least agreed to think it over. In the meantime, Morgan got on the computer and appears to have forgotten the matter. But still: progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear your thoughts, so let's hear 'em! We're exploring serious ideas here, and think that a good intellectual discussion is a great way to fine-tune one's thoughts. Especially welcome are concrete examples from YOUR life, questions, and thoughtful challenges.

Personal attacks, spam, etc. is not welcome and will probably be deleted, unless we choose to keep them for our own amusement.