August was a pretty active month for OGrownups!
New Members: 8
Total Members: 254
- Structuring homework
- Finding good babysitters
- Inspiring quotations for children's room decor
- 10 video websites for kids
- Two new baby announcements (yay!)
- Collectivist arguments against homeschooling
- Parenting books: The Your X Year Old Child Series by Louise Bates Ames
- Secular funerals
- Baby carrier recommendations
- The Business of Being Born
- A birth story
- Baby supplies
- McSweeney's article
- Childhood anxiety
- Should mothers blog about their kids?
- First trip to the dentist
- Things nobody tells you about parenting
- ADHD misdiagnosis (linked to an article)
- What to do when a child refuses to read books or play games that are outside of her official age range (though she is capable)
- Floor beds and infants
- Discussion of the online article about praising children
- When are Children adults?
- Toddler sleeping issues
- When kids "test" their parents
- Circumcision rates
- Preparing kids for a move
- Free audio books online
- Teach sign language to babies and toddlers
- BabyCenter.com (updates about stages of pregnancy, childhood development)
- Decaf coffee and pregnancy
- Article about epidurals protecting key muscles during labor
- Humor: What happens when Dad watches the kids?
- Blog posts from members include: The CtV podcasts, Teaching by Essentials, World Breastfeeding Week (that's mine!), Temperament, and a link to a hilariously inappropriate kid's book.
Lots of variety! And I can't help but think--there's more where that came from!
If you are interested in learning more about joining OGrownups as a poster or lurker, check out the homepage.