Sunday, April 6, 2008

Mommy-Jedi Mind Trick

Cool! I just pulled off the Mommy version of the Jedi mind trick on Ryan. He's a good liar, he is. M wanted to play a certain game for the Leapster that had somehow "gone missing" and he looked me straight in the eye and said he had no idea where it was.

I just stared at him for a second and asked him point-blank if he was hiding it.

"No," says he.

"Because I will find out the truth." With just ever-so-slight an emphasis on the word "will."

"Weellll . . . I have been keeping it in my pocket. Here it is."

It was so weird. And cool! Oh I'm giddy and drunk on my own power! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear your thoughts, so let's hear 'em! We're exploring serious ideas here, and think that a good intellectual discussion is a great way to fine-tune one's thoughts. Especially welcome are concrete examples from YOUR life, questions, and thoughtful challenges.

Personal attacks, spam, etc. is not welcome and will probably be deleted, unless we choose to keep them for our own amusement.